Hack Samsung TV
Posted February 6, 2012 by TanCoSin in blogger
Hack your samsung tv B,C,D series
What is SamyGO?
SamyGO started in the summer of 2009 as a thread at avsforum, under the title “Samsung LNXXA650 InfoLink hacking”. This thread drew a lot of attention and slowly strayed away from its original topic towards rooting TV’s and firmware hacking. It also got quite long, so Erdem U. Altinyurt and a few others decided to start a sourceforge project, specific for enhancement of the firmware of Samsung TV-sets, specifically aimed at models issued from 2008 onwards. Many people stayed on and came along from avsforum to sourceforge.
So that is what SamyGO is: A sourceforge project, aimed at enhancing firmware and functionality, specifically for Samsung TV models from 2008 onwards.
The activities of the SamyGO project comprise, but are not limited to:
- Gaining access to all available Samsung TV models from 2008 onwards (rooting).
- Active development of software extensions to enhance Samsung TV accessibility.
- Active development of applications to run on Samsung TV hardware.
- Giving support to project members who want to enhance their TV’s functionality.
SamyGO is not a program that you can “just run” on your TV. Enhancing your hardware is not THAT simple. It requires some beginner and intermediate computer skills. The community will support you and is committed to helping you make this work for you. Remember however, that you need to do your part too. Read and try to understand. If you don’t understand, ask in the appropriate forum. Proceed only once you understand what it is you are trying to achieve.
I want more functionality from my TV. What do I need?
In order to run SamyGO applications you need the following:
- A television that is supported by SamyGo Software. See the compatibility list. If you cannot find your model listed it does not necessarily mean that your model is not supported. Ask in the appropriate support forum. Developers are from different countries around the world. They don’t have access to every television model on the market to personally test their apps. However all these televisions run on Linux which makes this project possible.
- Find out which firmware version your TV is equipped with. Newer firmwares are not (yet) supported by SamyGO.
- Checkout the access route for your TV. This is in the supported models list. This is the way you access your television to run SamyGO apps. If you’re smart you’ll also get an ex-link cable and take the necessary precautions (active debug and turn off watchdog in the service menu) to be ready in case of a serious user mistake.
- A USB drive formatted with FAT or FAT32. A rule of thumb is ALWAYS extract the files you are going to use directly to the USB drive. Linux executable have some file attributes that are not preserved if you copy them on NTFS (a Windows only) file system.
- Get access! Follow the tutorials in the Wiki pages for that.
- Install the software you like/need.
- Enjoy your improved equipment!!
Each of these steps will be explained in the wiki
For more information go to